This coffee will be fresh roasted for you. We expect Intelligentsia Coffee will roast and ship this coffee in 1-2 business days depending on their roasting schedule.
This is the El Diablo Dark Roast brought to you by Intelligentsia Coffee. This blend is comprised of seasonally available coffees that are sourced through their Direct Trade program. This medium dark roast celebrates the dynamic side of coffees highlighted by caramelized sugars, molasses and chocolate flavors. They roast the coffee in a way that emphasizes these traits and creates a satisfying, resonant finish.
not bad. Definitely picking up on the molasses. I don't love that flavor. But it was nice to see that I am pulling the shot correctly, since this description is exactly what I am getting.
Enjoyed this as a daily wake up.
I felt that it was too bitter for me to really really enjoy.
Weak in flavor
It was just OK. Definitely tasted medium and not dark. I didn't find it to be particularly full bodied either. Very average to me.
Tasty, but not a medium-dark to me (as it's rated). Tastes very much like Costa Rican (is it)? I'd prefer something even more full-bodied, earthier and darker.
Too much bite at the end.
- I like it!
- I agree with "Roasty" & "Molasses", but feel it is a bit more medium-bodied than full bodied.
- Depth/Color is well within the range I like, but on the lighter side of that range.
- I'm into the molasses, chocolate, caramel, wish there was even more.
- I'm good with the bitterness, and could even enjoy more (depending on circumstances). Could possibly enjoy more acidity too, especially if either was in exchange for more depth of flavor.
(But note: I'm not into the "Blueberry" or the other acidities that comes across to me as "sourness" with certain often-expensive lighter roasts. I don't detect any of that here; I'm just saying.)
- I only mention the above as a guide to the curator, not as a criticism; I really like this coffee!
Decent espresso just a bit more bitterness than I typically like, nor did it have some of the rich nutty flavors that I prefer
It was a little too roasty, almost tasted slightly burnt.
This coffee was tasty. It has a roasty note, but it's definitely leans towards a medium roast taste. It has kind of a bright note at the finish, which I do not prefer. In the future, I am looking for a full-bodied, more chocolate-y, dark roast.
Wow. Creamy and full mouthfeel with a very subtle but lingering finish. This is one of my favorites after one cup!