The Growth Manager is responsible for creating and implementing MistoBox’s customer acquisition and retention efforts. We’re looking for someone to help us grow from 10,000 to 50,000 customers and beyond in the fast-moving, ever-changing world of subscription commerce.
This is a new role created for you. You'll report to the founder, and your job will consist of three main parts: define our growth plan, coordinate and execute growth activities, and analyze results to apply lessons to future efforts. We currently rely on email, social, customer referrals, and PR to acquire new customers, and your role will be to refine and expand our focus.
- Improve, plan, and implement email, social, content, paid, SEO, PR, retargeting, etc.
- Implement new ways to increase retention via the user experience
- Create content for the website and other marketing and retention efforts
- Coordinate designers, photographers, and other contractors
- Track and report on campaign results and provide data analysis and insight
- 3+ years experience in a full-stack marketing role
- Sharp storytelling & copywriting skills
- Analytics and data analysis skills
- An keen eye for design/aesthetics
- A knack for organization, details, and planning
- Basic HTML knowledge or willingness to complete Intro to HTML Codecademy course
Nice to have
- Experience working for an ecommerce or subscription commerce company
- Experience working on a remote and/or startup team
Our Team & Approach
- MistoBox is a subscription company that sends customers coffee from the country’s best coffee roasters. By selecting coffees personalized to their likes or sending coffee they added to their Brew Queue, we ensure customers have a consistently good experience.
- Some of our most important core values consist of scrappiness, self-reliance, constant learning, and honesty. If it were not for scrappiness, our company simply would not exist.
- Our team of eight works remotely mostly-synchronously with daily core hours.
- We have team retreats every 6 to 12 months. Last year we visited coffee farms in Costa Rica.
- You may have seen us strike a deal with our investor Mark Cuban on Shark Tank in 2013.
- We offer competitive compensation and equity opportunities, with additional perks such as free coffee and professional development allowance.
How to apply
We're not often hiring, mostly because in our 6 years in business, no one has ever quit. We're profitable and growing without the strings of large venture rounds, which means we have the flexiblity to hire when the business needs it, not as an effort to inflate vanity metrics. This allows us to take a very diligent approach to the hiring process.
This job will start by filling out an applictation form, followed by a couple video interviews, and finally a paid trial period where we get to know eachother before we make the full-time hire. You'll also get the chance to make sure MistoBox is the right fit for you. If a casual remote team and the challenge of building a growth strategy to take on the coffee giants sound like they could be a good fit for you, please apply below.